Open Adoption Resources

Friday, October 9, 2009

I've been getting sort of overwhelmed with social media lately.  Between my three email accounts, Facebook , Twitter, Blogspot, and LinkedIn, I've become sort of lackadaisical in terms of social media lately.  Sometimes I feel like there is SOOOO much information that trying to keep up with the latest gadgets and networks is nearly impossible.  I've been doing alot of research on the Internet about open adoption lately, and I have found that there is significantly more information about open adoption than there was even a few weeks ago.  Everyday there are more articles, research, and blogs about adoption, and it has been rather overwhelming to try and keep up with everything.  Whew!  Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the Internet?

Regardless of the overwhelming factor, I think the Internet definitely serves as a spectacular way to network and communicate with people whom you would never have had the opportunity to come in contact with otherwise.  I also think that the more you research something (like adoption) the more credible you are when educating others about it and talking about it.  Anyway, I've some up with a list of awesome adoption and open adoption resources.  If you are interested in learning more about adoption and open adoption, browse through the links below and notify me if you find any other great websites.  


In no particular order:
  • Open Adoption Solutions
  • Open Adoption Examiner


"In order to hear My voice, you must release all your worries into My care. Entrust Me to everything that concerns you....Accept each day just as it comes to you, remembering that I am sovereign over your life. Rejoice in this day that I have made, trusting that I am abundantly present in it. Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances. Trust Me ad don't be fearful; thank Me and rest in my sovereignty." 
-Jesus Calling







 


1 comments:

alicia said...

Hey, I noticed you were hanging out on my blog, and decided to hope over here. How very awesome that you are sharing your story!! I have a great friend who adopted a beautiful girl and has an open adoption also. Our journey in foster sometimes allows that and sometimes not, but anytime the birth mom is a part of the child's life I think its a blessing!
Also, I noticed your quote from "Jesus Calling" I am reading the same book right now, and loving it!
Thanks for stopping by, and for all the great adoption info!

Post a Comment