Chicago, Here I Come!

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving break was so incredibly relaxing.  Besides visiting family and friends and doing a little shopping, I did close to nothing and I absolutely loved it.  Sometimes I forget how to stop working, writing, perfecting.  It's nice to be able to put away the old laptop and cell phone and just relax  :)

On Thanksgiving day, we went to my uncle Marty and aunt Sue's house.  There were a ton of people there!  I'd say at one point there were at least 25 people in one house.  We stuffed ourselves silly, held a huge family talent show on the piano, and played charades and trivial pursuit. Then we watched Brian Regan stand-up comedy.  What a way to end the night!  "Ohhhh, show horses!"

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to Chicago for a radiology trade show for work.  Then I'll be going back home to Raleigh on Thursday.  I'm looking forward to working hard during the day, having some fun at night with my colleagues, and visiting one of my very best friends, Billy.  Billy and I swam together since middle school, and we have remained good friends. He's working in Chicago, and we're planning on meeting up at some point while I'm there.  I'm looking forward to catching up with him and reminiscing about old (good) times during swim team and such.  Like the time we were life guarding a rec swim together and we couldn't get the attention of an older gentleman who was still swimming laps when it was time to shut the pool down.  Always resourceful, Billy conjured up a large poking device from pool noodles and after several unsuccessful attempts, we finally prodded old man swimmer hard enough to get his attention so we could go home.  I think that story pretty much sums up our relationship. 

Chicago, here I come!

3 comments:

Jewls said...

Ooo...windy city huh? Bundle up! :) Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving!

Crystal Renee said...

Sounds fun! I would love to go to the windy city! Mmm hmm!

Have fun! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Perkins/Cox Family said...

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope your time spent in Chicago was a blast. I've been to Chicago twice and I enjoyed it both times. :-)

Post a Comment