A Favored Life Tomorrow Night!

Friday, September 18, 2009

My roommate, Katy, is student teaching at Broughton High School this semester, and she mentioned my blog to the teacher she is shadowing.  This teacher started following my blog, and she loved our story so much that asked if I would come in and speak to her class about teen pregnancy and open adoption.  This morning, I spoke to a parenting/child development class, and I think it went pretty well.  It was especially relevant since they have been discussing the consequences of teen sex.  I brought in my huge photo album with pictures from Deanna's birth all the way through more recent pictures from this year.  That's a lot of pictures!  I also brought the NC State Technician and News & Observer articles for them to see.  At first, the students were a bit shy and they were hesitant to ask me questions, but eventually they warmed up and it actually made for some great conversation about teen pregnancy and other related issues. And the free Krispy Kreme donuts afterward?  Priceless. Here's Kitty...sitting pretty!



--------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pro-Life Play, "A Favored Life"
Date: September 19, 2009
Location: Good Hope Baptist Church
6628 Good Hope Church Road, Cary, NC, 27519.
Time: 6:00-8:30 PM
Free childcare services for children through 5th grade

Good Hope Baptist Church invites you to an evening of education and encouragement about the value of human life. Featuring an intimate and moving play as well as performances by the Good Hope Baptist Church Choir, this event will have a powerful effect on all who attend.

Have you experienced an abortion? Are you considering adoption? Do you find yourself pregnant and wishing you knew what to expect? Even if you have never experienced an unplanned pregnancy, do you have a friend who is going through any of these things?  You are not alone...there is hope!  Representatives will be present from: Birthchoice Crisis Pregnancy Center, Bethany Adoption Agency, 40 Days for Life, & Triangle Right to Life




2 comments:

Leah said...

Aw man, I was planning to come to Raleigh this weekend but moved it to next weekend, otherwise would have come to the play :-)

Glad you were able to talk with the students, I hope others gained a lot from it!

Andrew said...

Hello! Im Andrew, the designer behind http://tobeamother.com

I can also re-design your blog of your liking for a small $15! Please email me at staff.rootz@gmail.com or go to my website at

http://rootz.us.tt

Thanks!

Post a Comment